During the past 10 years, this disease has killed up to 49,000 Americans, of all ages and demographic groups, annually.(2)
On average, 250,000-500,000 people die from the disease every year.(3)
During an average year, over 200,000 Americans are hospitalized for this viral infection.(4)
During one horrible outbreak of the disease, approximately 50-100 million people, mostly young healthy adults, were killed by the virus worldwide, all in one year.(5)
There is an amazing prevention for this disease that most people ignore–vaccines.(6)
- DHEC: First Flu Related Death in the State.
- Estimating Seasonal Influenza-Associated Deaths in the United States: CDC Study Confirms Variability of Flu
- WHO | Influenza (Seasonal).
- Seasonal Influenza-Associated Hospitalizations in the United States
- Reconstruction of the 1918 Influenza Pandemic Virus
- Key Facts About Seasonal Flu Vaccine