Yesterday, I got my Moderna COVID-19 vaccine booster shot. As with the first two shots, I felt nothing other than a bit of a sore arm.
Now my immune system is scientifically boosted to handle whatever SARS-CoV-2 has for me. I’m ready to kick its sorry butt for even thinking about infecting me.
Why did I get the booster?
- Because it’s safe.
- Because the Moderna booster protects me against COVID-19 even more.
- Because there is evidence that the original series of shots have waning immunity.
- Because it’s the only way to boost my immune system against the coronavirus.
- Because I know that vaccines are more powerful than pseudoscientific supplements and quackery.
- Because the CDC recommends it.
- Because it was free.
- Because I want to do the right thing for my own health and to protect others.
I don’t know if boosters will be necessary every few months or years. But this virus is so resilient and mutates so frequently, I am willing to bet we will need frequent boosters for any of the COVID-19 vaccines.
Any of you who are pregnant, obese, or immunocompromised, especially if you’re older than 50 should get the booster. Anyone with the following health conditions should get COVID-19 vaccine boosters:
- Chronic kidney, liver, or lung diseases (such as moderate or severe asthma)
- Down syndrome
- Genetic conditions, such as sickle cell disease or thalassemia
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Mental health conditions such as depression or schizophrenia
- Smokers or former smokers
- Substance abuse
Anyone who works in certain occupations that are at high risk of COVID-19 should get the booster shot:
- Healthcare workers
- Educators, such as teachers, daycare workers, and support staff
- US postal workers
- Public transit workers
- Food and agriculture workers
- Those who work in grocery stores, corrections, or manufacturing
It’s the right thing to do.
Please help me out by sharing this article. Also, please comment below, whether it's positive or negative. Of course, if you find spelling errors, tell me!
There are three ways you can help me out. First, you can make a monthly (or even one-time) contribution through Patreon:Become a Patron!
Or you can help out through GoFundMe.
Buy ANYTHING from Amazon.