I and others have written several articles on this website about the anti-vaccine hate debate – discussing the atrocious and hateful behavior of a large portion of the anti vaccination cult.
This kind of “free speech” goes beyond simple mockery, ad hominem attacks, or, though it rarely happens, arguments about the science. Ad hominem attacks are, by definition, personal attacks that are used in lieu of real evidence. So, if you lack evidence to support your side of a debate (even a fake debate like what is happening with vaccines), you attack the person, rather than the evidence.
Of course, if you do lack evidence, you will be mocked mercilessly for lacking said evidence. Cherry-picked evidence doesn’t count. Appeals to authority as evidence doesn’t count. Employing the Nirvana fallacy doesn’t count. The only evidence that matters must come from high quality sources that are repeated many times and are often rolled up into a substantial meta-review.
The vaccine hate debate on exists because they have nothing – no evidence of harm, no evidence of a lack of benefit. None. Ground zero of the Facebook anti-vaccine hate crazies is The Vaccine Resistance Movement (VRM) – read their hatred and lies. Donald Trump would be proud of them.
Vaccine hate debate list
Since there have been so many articles published here about the anti-vaccine hate debate, which is not really a debate, it’s just simple hate speech from the antivaccination cult, it might be useful to place all of the articles in one place, a one stop shop for their vile tactics. This article will be updated as we write about more cases in the future.
- The hate debate of the antivaccine cult. A deconstruction and critique of the hate tactics of several cult members including Megan and the Age of Autism.
- Anti-Semitic hate speech of the antivaccine cult. The cult’s use of Godwin’s Law and anti-Semitism to attack many individuals in the pro-science (thus, pro-vaccine) side of the false debate.
- Bill Gates vaccinations in Africa- more antivaccine hatred. Bill Gates’ Foundation tries to save lives in Africa by getting children free vaccines. Surprise. The anti-vaccine hate debate tries to attack him and fails.
- Bob Sears personal attacks on Paul Offit. Professor Dorit Reiss takes issue with ad hominem personal attacks by Bob Sears against Dr. Paul Offit. Sears claims he’s not antivaccine, but still uses the same old hate-filled personal attacks on Dr. Offit that all of the antivaccine groups use.
- Violent threats against a California Senator by the anti vaccine cult. Dr. Richard Pan, a California State Senator, who lead the efforts to pass SB 277, legislation that will mandate vaccinations for children entering school, was threatened with violence (and racism).
- Misinformation, lies, and memes from the anti vaccine cult. A point-by-point refutation of much of the hate speech of the anti vaccination cult.
- Big Pharma vaccine profits – the real conspiracy. Refuting the hate speech against Big Pharma. Of course, Big Pharma isn’t a person (Citizens United ruling notwithstanding), but the hatred of Big Pharma usually leads to the hate-filled accusation that I (and others) are shills.
- Facebook bans then unbans a pro-vaccine groups. Let’s face it, Facebook tolerates the vaccine hate debate by allowing the anti-vaccine cult to continue gaming the system.
- The anti vaccine cult use Hitler’s Big Lie – laughable strategy. Debunking all of the Big Lies used in the vaccine hate debate.
- The anti-vaccine hate cult goes after my friend Allison Hagood for being pro vaccine. And for even more of this story, see Orac’s post.
- Anti-Semitic vaccine deniers – continued attacks on Prof. Reiss. They can’t stop attacking her.
- Anti-vaxxer personal attacks on Drs. Richard Pan, Paul Offit and Dorit Rubinstein Reiss. They are so vile.
Please comment below, positive or negative. Of course, if you find spelling errors, tell me! And share this article.
There are two ways you can help me out to keep this website awesome. First, you can make a monthly contribution through Patreon:Become a Patron!
Buy ANYTHING from Amazon.