Your skeptical and feathered ancient dinosaur has been broken by life. And I do need your help in any way you can.
Over the past 36 months, everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. It’s like Murphy and his law are standing on my shoulders making everything go wrong.
I don’t mean to be whiny and make it seem that I’m the only one who goes through trials and tribulations, but I’m too old to do this. I’m supposed to be enjoying life, but there are days I want to give up. But here is just a sampling of what I’ve been through over the past year and a half:
- A romantic breakup.
- My relatively new car decides to just fall apart just after the warranty expires. Of course.
- My major source of income is this website, and it collapsed in readership in 2022 causing my income to drop to a tiny percentage of what it was in 2021. I wish I know what caused it, I think it’s a Google thing, but I have been unable to fix it. I still post 20-30 articles a month, way beyond what many bloggers do.
- I was robbed three times, yes, three times. My nice camera equipment and other important stuff were stolen including my passport, credit cards, and other stuff. I cannot afford to replace my newer MacBook Pro, so I’m using an older one that I could afford, even though it makes it more difficult to do images and research.
- And then there’s my 16-day stay in the hospital for cellulitis. I nearly died. I nearly lost my leg. I’m going to incur significant expenses for this. Even though I have outstanding healthcare insurance, I received care at a hospital that was not owned or contracted by my insurance plan. This is one of the flaws of the US healthcare system, a subject that I might write about later. I’m lying in the ICU, and the case manager has to discuss financial issues with me. I could barely concentrate on my leg, let alone what the hell is going on with insurance issues.
- Finally, I started this fundraising to get closer to my children. That goal seems unattainable right now.
I know that the story of this feathered dinosaur isn’t close to what many people in the world go through. I’m not dying of cancer. I’m not scrambling to find my next meal. I’m not suffering from dementia. To many, I’m lucky and privileged.
I don’t want to compare myself to others, I can only communicate to my friends and strangers what I’m feeling, and that is I’m running out of energy. And I need your help.
There are three ways you can help me.
The first way costs you no money, other than buying something on Amazon. Just click on the image/link and buy whatever suits your fancy.
The second way is Patreon:
All you have to do is go to my Patreon Page and my latest posts from here will appear there as if they were magic, without any advertising. You get the same articles that are here, but ad-free (which I know some people want). It only costs $5 to be a Patron, but more will help too.
And the final way is on my GoFundMe page:
Bonus Number 4
Oh, there’s one really easy way to help me out. Please share my articles on any social media platform you like, that really helps all the time.